Patient Participation Group
The Prescott Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of patients registered with the surgery who have no medical training but have an interest in the services provided. The PPG represents over 7000 patients.
Current members are listed below:
|Member||Glyn Bowen (Joint Vice Chair)|
|Member||Mike Parker (Joint Vice Chair)|
|Member||Tracy Willocks (Practice Manager)|
The role of the PPG is to:
- To represent the patients’ perspective to the Practice;
- To act as a link between patients and the Practice;
- To support the Practice team;
- To assist in the improvement of communications between Practice and patients;
- To promote health awareness;
- To provide practical support for the work of the healthcare team, for example at the annual ‘flu clinics;
- To campaign for improvements to health facilities, in partnership with the Practice;
- To ensure that patients are kept up-to-date with NHS changes and issues in the County and are given the opportunity to have their say.
The group currently consists of 4 patient volunteers. New volunteers are always needed, to replace those who leave as well as to bring fresh ideas and impetus to the group. If you are interested in being a member, please email email@example.com with your name and contact details and someone will be in touch.
Please re-visit this page for more information as the group gathers momentum but also please consider joining us. Meetings are held monthly at Prescott Surgery (currently due to Covid-19 all meetings are held virtually using Microsoft Teams).
Minutes of meetings are available on this website, posted on the PPG noticeboard at the Surgery and a copy can be collected from reception.
Please note that the PPG does not get involved in individual patient concerns or complaints. These need to be raised directly with the Practice or to the Practice Manager.